Apply for a 2 year green card

Apply for a 2 year green card

This is a US Green Card valid for 2 years with conditions attached. If cardholders do not meet these conditions, they will not be able to change their conditional Green Card to a permanent Green Card, meaning they will not be able to continue to be in the US as a permanent resident.

The 2-year green card is issued in the following 2 popular ways:

Through marriage to a US citizen or permanent resident who has been married for less than 2 years.

For Green Card holders participating in the EB-5 immigrant investor program, there are 3 basic conditions:

  • According to the requirements of the US Immigration Department, each investment in TEA (Targeted Employment Area) & infrastructure projects is 800,000 USD / rate; or 1,050 million USD/investment rate in projects outside the TEA area. .
  • The EB-5 project must ensure the creation of 10 direct and indirect jobs for permanent residents or U.S. citizens.
  • Investors need to satisfy the conditions of staying in the US for at least 6 months/year for the first 2 years, or must apply for a Re-entry Permit if the investor wants to leave the US for more than 6 months/year. After meeting all the above conditions, the investor will be granted a permanent Green Card (10 years).

In addition, a 2-year conditional Green Card is also issued to those sponsored by marriage (engagement) and sponsored by spouse. US Green Card holders ensure two requirements: maintain marriage or spousal relationship with the sponsor (who is a US citizen) and the holder of the Green Card cannot leave the US for more than 6 months/year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *