Apply for US citizenship for children in Vietnam
Procedures for naturalization of the US for children is to make a consular birth certificate abroad (CRBA) and make a US passport. Consular birth certificate CRBA or also known as birth certificate for children of US citizens born abroad, FS-240. The FS-240 is used in the same way as the birth certificate of a child born in the United States.
Steps to apply for naturalization for your child:
- Prepare documents
- Make an appointment at the US Consulate/Ambassador
- Interview at the US Consulate/Ambassador
Documents required for naturalization procedures for children:
- Child’s birth certificate issued by a Vietnamese competent authority
- Completed birth registration form DS-2029 unsigned (parents have cash), signed and authenticated signatures (father, mother, absentee).
- Proof of US citizenship such as passports, citizenship certificates, etc.
- Certificate of marriage, divorce, death certificate (if any).
- Proof that parents are present in the US. For example: social security declarations, academic transcripts, etc.
- Proof that parents are present at the same location.
- Proof of the baby’s birth, birth certificate.