Direct EB-5 Investment
- Amount of investment required: $500,000.
- Scale: Small, usually only 1-2 investors/1 project.
- Type: Usually a restaurant or a small franchise with a size of about 1.5 million USD back.
- No need for tangible collateral, but based on actual business situation.
What are the job creation requirements of an EB-5 direct investment?
- Create or maintain at least 10 qualifying U.S. worker’s full-time jobs within 2 years (or in certain cases, within a reasonable time after a 2-year period) of when the immigrant investor is admitted to the United States as a conditional permanent resident.
- For a new commercial enterprise not located in the regional center, the positions must be full-time and must be created directly by the new commercial enterprise, which means your business must be the employer. dynamic – the full-time positions created can be a combination of direct, indirect and generated work.
- Working directly and indirectly maintaining creates:
+ Direct employment is actual work that can identify qualified employees located in the commercial enterprise in which the EB-5 investor has directly invested his or her capital.
+ Indirect jobs are jobs that are proven to have been created with collateral or as a result of capital investment in a commercial enterprise affiliated with the regional center by an EB-5 investor. . Foreign investors can only use indirect work calculation if they are affiliated with the regional center.
- Direct jobs are those that are regulated by the employer-employee relationship, while indirect jobs are those that are organized outside the enterprise but are still created by the influence of the employer. economic activity of the new commercial enterprise.
- Full-time employment means the new commercial enterprise employs a qualified employee in a position that requires a minimum of 35 hours of work per week. An eligible employee is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or other immigrant authorized to work in the United States.
Advantages of EB-5 direct investment:
- Freedom to invest & operate your business: You are not limited to industries that only a certain regional center is interested in. Therefore, you can invest your money in a business or industry that you are passionate about and in any position you want.