Immigration Law

GUARANTEE OF Brother/Sister (F4)

F4 guarantee is sibling guarantee. Only U.S. citizens can sponsor siblings. Permanent residents cannot sponsor you.

Can cousins sponsor F4?

Cousins cannot sponsor F4.

So how can a sibling relationship guarantee F4?

Sibling relationships are defined as follows:

A half-brother and mother born;

Are half-siblings, not half-fathers;

A half-sibling, not a mother;

Being a sibling through an adopted relationship;

Being a sibling through stepparent child relations.

To be able to apply for F4 petition, you need to have proof of your sibling relationship.

How to prove to be siblings?

The simplest way is to use birth certificates to prove that they have the same parents or the same father or the same mother.

Since the birth certificate is the most concrete evidence to prove a sibling relationship, in the case of a late birth certificate of one of the two applicants, it means that the information on the birth certificate is not reliable, then the CIS will require additional evidence to prove the sibling relationship.

Alternatively, you can ask USCIS for permission for DNA testing to prove your sibling relationship.

In the case of F4 – half-sibling bail but the father is not married to the mother, the father must prove that he has acted in recognition of the paternity with these 2 siblings. These recognition actions include:

Married to the mother before the child turned 18.

Done Checked in.

There are specific father-child actions such as raising, sheltering, communicating with each other.

Without such actions, a paternity relationship with the sibling is not established and they will not be able to file for sibling sponsorship.

In the case of F4 sponsorship – sibling through adoption means that the sponsor or the sponsored person is an adopted child, there must be proof that the adoption took place before the petitioner or sibling (adopted child) was 16 years old.

In the case of F4-sibling sponsorship through stepparent child relationship, it is necessary to prove that the biological parent and stepparent are married before the sponsor and sibling are 18 years old.

Hotline for free consultation please call:

US Office: (+1) 713 561-5595

Vietnam Office: (+84) 988 792-023


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *