Immigration Law




  1. Make a single note and submit marriage registration documents at the district judicial office (2 – 3 month).

To be able to submit documents to sponsor a spouse to the US, you must have a document proving that you are husband and wife. If you already have a certificate of birth registration (certificate of marriage / marriage), then go to process 2, but if you do not have it, you are required to make a single note in the US (or take an oath of independence). relatives at the US Consulate in Vietnam – for US citizens) bring back to Vietnam to submit the marriage registration documents at the district/judicial office where your spouse is permanently residing.


The time for the district justice department to process the family registration documents from submission to signing the wedlock is about 15-20 days (depending on different districts). You can contact the business so we can arrange a date on the best way to help you not be late in signing the marriage certificate.


Special case:

If you are a permanent resident and have ever been divorced outside of Vietnam, it is mandatory to have a divorce judgment certified and legalized by the Consulate or Embassy of Vietnam in Vietnam. America before bringing it back to Vietnam to use. This legalized divorce judgment is called Divorce Note


2 for short. Submit the spousal petition to the USCIS (from 6 to 24 months depending on each office of the Immigration Department and depending on each case). time)

After you have the certificate of marriage registration, you can apply to sponsor your spouse to the Immigration Department.

–       Notice No. 1: After 4-6 weeks, the Immigration Department will send a notice of receipt of the application. You do not have to do anything in this process.

– Receive notice No. 2: About 6-24 months after submitting your application, you will receive a notice that the Immigration Department has accepted, refused or requested additional documents. If accepted, you don’t have to do anything about it. If you receive additional information, you need to respond to USCIS.

The application fee for the Department of Natural Resources (USCIS) is: $535


  1. From Dien Di Department to National Visa Center (NVC) (3-6 months)

After the spousal petition is approved by the Department of Natural Heritage, the application will be transferred to the State Visa Center (NVC). When the application is received at NVC, it will be considered to issue fee bills and instructions to create an account in NVC’s online system. The time to receive fee bills depends on the number of applications at NVC, which can last from 2 months. The NVC will email the applicant directly with this notice of instruction.


At this stage, you must submit a financial sponsorship application online and bring the petitioner’s credentials as requested by the NVC. After NVC evaluates the spouse’s application is complete, NVC will schedule the sponsored person to be interviewed at the U.S. Consulate, Saigon.


Fees submitted to NVC: $120 for sponsors and $325 for each sponsored applicant


  1. From the State Visa Center (NVC) to the U.S. Consulate in Vietnam (2-3 months)

Within 2-3 months, after approving and accepting your spouse’s petition, NVC will forward the application to the Department of State. The Department of State will then send the documents to the local consulate where your spouse lives. NVC will also send you a notification that the application is complete.


  1. Get an interview invitation

About 1-3 months from the time you receive the letter to complete the application, you will receive an interview invitation.


  1. Physical examination

Receiving an interview invitation, you must sign up for a preventive vaccination schedule and a physical exam


  1. Interview with the Consul

The sponsored person should attend the interview with the Consulate. You should remember to follow your passport and medical examination results. If the sponsored person’s child is included in the bail document, they need to attend the interview. The purpose of the interview is to verify that the marriage relationship is real and does not possess signs of forgery in order to get immigrant.


  1. Visa issuance

After the interview, you will know if the visa is approved or not. If the Consular officer withholds your passport, it means you have been accepted. The visa will be issued on your passport and will be sent back to you in a few days.


  1. Green Card Fees

The green card fee paid online to USCIS $220 per sponsored applicant.


  1. Coming to the U.S.

You need to come to the U.S. within the visa period. If you are due and have not travelled, you must contact the Consulate to apply for a visa extension.


  1. Green card issuance

The green card will be issued approximately 4-6 months after you enter the United States. From that moment on, the sponsored person possesses the legal right to travel to the United States, and they can enter and exit the United States without applying for a visa.

Hotline for free consultation please call:

US Office: (+1) 713 561-5595

Vietnam Office: (+84) 988 792-023


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *