Immigrant guaranty in the US and what you need to know
Immigrant settlement is one of the ways to be used by anyone who wants to settle in the US. So what types of guarantees are there, let’s find out in the following article.
Sponsored settlement in the US is the concern of current citizens.
Sponsored settlement has long been proposed by the US government to help foreigners realize their desire to settle here. This is also the form most people choose. However, difficult procedures and overloaded information can cause confusion for guarantors, making registration difficult. Let’s learn about guaranteed immigration through this article with TRUONG LAW FIRM.
What is guaranty settlement?
Sponsored settlement is a type of foreign settlement that allows parents to sponsor their children or vice versa, spouses to sponsor each other. This type of settlement is quite popular and is considered an easy guarantee that many people trust and choose.
The subjects participating in the settlement of the guarantor
are the guarantors to the US who are the relatives of the citizens. The sponsored person is in the following cases:
- The citizen’s spouse.
- Single children (above) under 21 years old.
- I have a family.
- Siblings (guarantor must be over 21 years old).
- Parents (guarantor must be over 21 years old).
- Fiancé (fiancee).
The sponsor who is a permanent resident in the United States is allowed to sponsor:
- The spouse of the sponsored person.
- Single children under 21 years old.
- Single children over 21 years old.
Types of guarantee
People need to choose the right type of guarantee so that they can save time and effort. Through research, we have summarized the types of guarantees to the US below.
Spousal sponsorship of US citizens
Spousal sponsorship is the most common type of sponsorship to go to the US today. According to statistics at the US consular department, in 2019 there were 45,399 petitions under the spousal category with the grant rate reaching 80%. Visas granted to spouses who are foreigners coming to the US under the spousal sponsorship include two types of visas: CR1 and IR1.
- CR1 Visa: applicable to couples who have been married for less than 2 years.
- IR1 Visa: applicable to couples who have been married for more than 2 years.
Sponsor a fiancé
to the US as a fiancé/fiancee using a K1 visa with the condition that the sponsor must be a US citizen, both of whom have the legal status to get married.
The fiancé’s sponsor must have had intimate face-to-face meetings within the past 2 years and must be married to the sponsor within 90 days of the fiancé’s arrival in the United States.
Sponsoring Family Reunification
Foreign nationals under the family reunification category need to be sponsored by a US citizen and permanent resident of the US. There are two types of family reunification visas: immediate relatives and family preference.
- Immediate relatives are made by US citizens, visas are issued to relatives of US citizens. These relatives include: Spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21 and parents.
- The family preference category is for relatives who have a more distant relationship with a US citizen. There are 4 types of visas: F1 Visa (unmarried children aged 21 and over), F2A and F2B visas (issued to spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age of US permanent residents), F3 Visa (for married children). marriage of US citizens) and F4 (for siblings of US citizens).
Sponsorship to the US for gay people
This is specific to sponsoring to go to the US as fiancé/fiance. Gay people will sponsor each other to the US under the K1 fiancé/fiancée visa, which will be the best choice for same-sex couples. Information about relatives of both parties must be clear and detailed as possible.
Process and procedures for sponsored immigration
When you want to immigrate to the US under sponsorship, you must go through the process and procedures as follows:
- Complete the procedures and submit the petition to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. (from 6-24 months) and pay the fee.
- Forward the application from the Department of Immigration to the National Visa Center, the time can take up to 2 months and pay the fee.
- Transfer documents to the US consulate, collect documents and follow the instructions of the consulate.
- Receive an invitation to interview: 1-3 months after submitting your application, you will receive an invitation to interview.
- Physical examination.
- Consular interview: the purpose of the interview is to verify that the relationship between the applicant and the sponsored person is real and there is no sign of impersonation for immigration purposes.
- Issuance of Visa: After the interview, you will know if the holder visa is approved or not. If the Consular officer withholds your passport, it means you have been accepted. Also pay the green card fee.
- Coming to the US: you need to come to the US within the time your visa allows.
- Issuing a green card.
Note when applying for guaranty settlement
In fact, when doing settlement procedures, there will be many problems. Therefore, it is important to find out the information in advance. Therefore, it is necessary to contact reputable and quality establishments to be able to support quick and accurate procedures.
Settlement under the guarantee is a settlement that many people are interested in as well as the most popular. The above article has summarized the main ideas, listed the guarantee categories, the process of completing the procedures as well as the notes to be able to apply for permanent residence under the guarantee. Therefore, TRUONG LAW FIRM is confident to be a reputable provider of solutions and detailed instructions for you.