CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY (F2A)
- Lawful permanent resident (10-year green card holder).
- Eligible income to sponsor spouse and accompanying children.
- Has registered his marriage with a Vietnamese person at the Vietnamese government.
- Spouses of people in the US (registered marriage to people in the US).
- 02 people must have enough evidence of real and voluntary marriage.
Children accompanying the guarantor:
- Single children under 21 years old calculated according to CSPA.
- In the case of stepchildren of spouses – people in the US and Vietnam must register their marriage before the stepchild turns 18 years old.
DOCUMENTS NEED TO PREPARATE
- 02 2inch x 2inch photos.
- Copy of green card.
- Copy of marriage certificate.
- Copy of divorce decree or death certificate of ex-spouse (if applicable).
DURATION FOR RECEIVING THE GREEN CARD WHEN ARRIVING US
– Normally, applicants will receive a green card within 2 to 3 months upon arrival in the US. However, this time will vary depending on state regulations. There are some states that will have to wait for a green card from 6 months to 2 years.
=> Therefore, it is impossible to know the exact time when the green card can be received. But when coming to the US on an immigrant visa, the applicant’s passport will be stamped (I-551 Stamp). This stamp is used to temporarily replace the green card and is valid for 1 year and it is allowed for you to use to apply for school, travel, & work.