Renew your green card for 10 years

Renew your green card for 10 years

Conditions for renewing the 10-year green card:

  • Permanent residents have a 10-year green card.
  • Permanent resident in the US

Dossier for 10 year green card extension:

  • File Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card and attach proof.
  • Submit at expiration or 6 months before expiration
  • Fees $455
  • Submit online

Attached documents depending on the case:

  1. If your green card is lost, stolen, destroyed or mutilated, provide: A copy of your Green Card or a form of government-issued identification with your name, date of birth, photo and signature.
  2. If a green card has been issued but never reached you, provide: I-797, I-551 (temporary visa).
  3. If the green card has a spelling error caused by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), it is necessary to provide: Original Green Card, proof of correct personal data.
  4. If name change or personal information changes legally, or error is not due to DHS, need to provide: Proof of new information and copy of green card.
  5. If the green card has expired or will expire in the next 6 months, please provide: Copy of the expired/will-expiring green card.
  6. If the child celebrates their 14th birthday, they need to provide: A copy of their current green card.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *