Renew your green card for 10 years
Conditions for renewing the 10-year green card:
- Permanent residents have a 10-year green card.
- Permanent resident in the US
Dossier for 10 year green card extension:
- File Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card and attach proof.
- Submit at expiration or 6 months before expiration
- Fees $455
- Submit online
Attached documents depending on the case:
- If your green card is lost, stolen, destroyed or mutilated, provide: A copy of your Green Card or a form of government-issued identification with your name, date of birth, photo and signature.
- If a green card has been issued but never reached you, provide: I-797, I-551 (temporary visa).
- If the green card has a spelling error caused by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), it is necessary to provide: Original Green Card, proof of correct personal data.
- If name change or personal information changes legally, or error is not due to DHS, need to provide: Proof of new information and copy of green card.
- If the green card has expired or will expire in the next 6 months, please provide: Copy of the expired/will-expiring green card.
- If the child celebrates their 14th birthday, they need to provide: A copy of their current green card.